Residential estate management case studies
KWB Residential is highly experienced in working on residential estate developments in the Midlands region – working with some of the country’s largest housebuilders.
We take full responsibility for the maintenance of a residential estate and often take on ownership of the communal land of a development.
Client: Taylor Wimpey
The residential scheme of Penns Croft in Nuneaton consists of both houses and apartment blocks, involving some transfers to a Housing Association. This requires us to maintain any apartment-block internal communal areas, as well as external landscaped areas at the entrance to the site.
On this project we were flexible with the commencement of our management due to occupation before full site completion, and accommodating the client’s phased-handover approach. The communal landscaped land on the estate was transferred to KWB as part of the agreement. Our activities include:
- Managing apartment blocks: maintaining internal shared areas and adjacent car parks and landscaped area
- Maintenance of separate public open spaces and land
- Working with the local authority to ensure proper management of land surrounding the site
- Working with the client in resolving plot-owner queries regarding the development
- Holding resident meetings and working alongside the Housing Association with interests in the development
Client: Taylor Wimpey plc
Built in 2005, KWB has been working on the Bermuda Park housing estate since 2012. This large housing estate comprises over 200 units, a mix of freehold houses and leasehold apartments.
KWB provides residential block management services across the 15 apartment blocks, each containing 6-12 flats.
In addition to the 105 apartments, this involves:
- Looking after communal areas and the shared car park for the whole estate
- Managing service charges
- Providing management accounts
- Liaising with the local MP, local police and holding community meetings on a regular basis
Taylor Wimpey plc
Client: Taylor Wimpey plc
KWB works with the housebuilder, Taylor Wimpey, on new residential estate projects – right from the design stage. Ongoing activity includes maintaining any shared areas or open spaces, including the management of grass cutting, tree surgery, general repairs, landscaping, play areas and apartment blocks.
We have also provided Taylor Wimpey with block management services, often appointed on a residential scheme before development starts, and then working alongside them during the building process. For the residents, we effectively act as the customer services arm of Taylor Wimpey, dealing with all residential queries and complaints.
KWB Residential is a trading name of KWB Property Management Ltd. KWB Property Management Ltd is an appointed representative of Jobson James Insurance Brokers Ltd, which is approved and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (no. 516147).