Midlands industrial review of 2016
Industrial marches on
Despite the market’s best endeavours to produce as much new Midlands industrial and warehousing stock as possible, supply still falls short of the current insatiable demand.
There are as many pre-lets occurring as there are lettings of new buildings. Whilst some occupiers require a specific type of building that would preclude them from taking an existing building, the majority of transactions have had to pursue the design and build route because the type and grade of available stock is not sufficient for their purposes.
Key design and build transactions
- Screwfix – 562,000 sq ft, Prologis Park, Fradley
- Sainsbury’s – 325,000 sq ft, Prologis Park, Northampton
- Palletforce – 260,000 sq ft, Burton-on-Trent
- Amethyst – 210,000 sq ft, Wellesbourne Distribution Park
- Dwell – 151,000 sq ft, Prologis Park, Milton Keynes
- Birlea Furniture – 74,000 sq ft at East Midlands Distribution Centre, Castle Donington
- Hellerman Tyton – 63,000 sq ft, Kingswood Lakeside, Cannock